Hospital Quality Ratings
MedStar Health applauds the overall effort to come up with meaningful way to quantify healthcare safety and enable people to make informed choices. These rating systems continue to improve and will eventually become more useful. However, the current lack of consistency across the different ratings organizations that claim to use similar metrics and modeling continues to cause uncertainty, as a hospital may be rated well in one report but appear to fall short by another measure. In spite of ratings, studies show that most consumers still choose their doctors based on recommendations by other doctors, friends or family members.
MedStar Health makes information on core quality measures available on our website. We continue to work with our Patient and Family Advisory Council on Quality and Safety to understand what would be usable and meaningful information to include online so anyone can easily find it and—equally important—understand its meaning in simple terms.
-- David Mayer, MD, vice president for Quality and Safety
A Sampling of 2014 Awards and Recognitions
MedStar hospitals are recipients of numerous quality awards and other types of recognition. Select a hospital name below to learn more.
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- MedStar Harbor Hospital
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
- MedStar National Rehabilitation Network
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- MedStar St. Mary's Hospital
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center