MedStar Health's Total Rewards Program is more than just our associate benefit package. It is a tangible reward for excellence and highlights our appreciation of our associates' hard work.
The MedStar Health Total Rewards package includes:
- Health Insurance Benefits: Associates have multiple health insurance benefit options. They may also elect dental and vision coverage. MedStar Health shares the bi-weekly premium cost with associates. Health benefits are effective the first of the month following an associate's start date.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Associates may choose to participate in medical and/or dependent care flexible spending accounts. These allow associates to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical/dependent care expenses not covered by a health plan.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Associates are our most valuable asset. MedStar Health offers the employee assistance program to safeguard their well-being and help them balance their needs at work and home. EAP services include counseling, financial and retirement planning, convenience services, entertainment referrals and more.
- Paid Leave: MedStar Health offers a generous paid leave package for every associate. Annual allotments vary by specific entity and are based on years of service within MedStar Health and work status. In addition, associates are offered paid holidays.
- Retirement Savings: Associates are encouraged to participate in MedStar Health's tax deferred savings plan administered by Fidelity Investments. Since our associates' service leads to our success, MedStar Health offers an associate match, as well as an annual service contribution.
- Basic Life Insurance: MedStar Health cares about you and your family's peace of mind. That's why we provide basic life insurance coverage equal to one times your annual base salary. Basic life insurance is provided at no cost to associates. Associates may also purchase supplemental and dependent life insurance.
- Disability Plan: MedStar Health provides full-time associates with both short-term disability and long-term disability coverage at no cost to the associate. Associates are eligible after six months of employment, and may purchase additional coverage if needed.
- Tuition Assistance: MedStar Health cares about our associates' personal growth and development. Our tuition assistance benefit can be applied to graduate and undergraduate tuition, registration fees, books and certifications.