For MedStar Health Associates
Each year, MedStar Health associates have the opportunity to be awarded one of five possible scholarships, each equaling up to $3,500. Recipients may use funds for tuition and/or fees for the current academic semester (in which the recipient is currently enrolled) or the upcoming academic semester. Scholarship award funds cannot be directed to certification and continuing education credits.
For Morgan State University Students
One scholarship award will be presented to a selected Morgan State University student in the amount of $2,500 each year. Funds may be used for tuition and/or fees for the current academic semester (in which the recipient is currently enrolled) or the upcoming academic semester.
To qualify for a scholarship as a MedStar Health associate, the applicant must be:
- An African-American associate at any MedStar Health entity who aspires to a leadership career in healthcare;
- Employed for at least one year at a MedStar Health entity (must be in good standing with no disciplinary actions on file within the past year);
- Pursuing a bachelor's, master's or higher degree in a field applicable to healthcare administration/leadership; and
- Employed in a management/supervisory position.
To qualify for a scholarship as a Morgan State University student, the applicant must be:
- An African-American student pursuing a bachelor's, master's or higher degree in a healthcare-related program at Morgan State University; and
- Currently hold a cumulative grade point average equivalent to a "B" or higher.