Since 1992, the KIDS Mobile Medical Clinic/Ronald McDonald Care Mobile (KMMC) has provided more than 50,000 patient visits to children and adolescents living in the underserved communities of the District of Columbia who are at risk and have poor access to comprehensive pediatric health care services.
During the last year, we provided more than 1,750 medical visits to 900 children who live in some of the city's most impoverished neighborhoods of Wards 5, 6, 7 and 8. We have also provided more than 267 mental health and social service interventions. Our unique coordinated team approach to care is a best practice model. The clinic will continue to provide a medical home to children and their families for years to come.
During the last 20 years, our mission has remained steadfast. The KIDS Mobile Medical Clinic/Ronald McDonald Care Mobile was founded on the belief that every child, regardless of financial means, deserves high quality, coordinated, community based, family centered, and comprehensive care. We continue to surround each child with a “blanket of care” within the scope of the program’s key areas and programs:
Our comprehensive healthcare model offers children the following services:
- School/sports/summer camp physicals
- Well and sick visits
- Tuberculosis screenings
- Hearing/vision screenings
- Gynecologic services including HIV screenings and other STI screenings
- Referrals to specialists as needed
- Medical management for chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes and HIV/AIDS
Recent accomplishments include:
- HOYA Clinic: the first student driven health clinic in D.C. serving homeless D.C. singles and families living at DC General Emergency Family shelter with both acute pediatric and adult services.
- Improving our efficiency and coordination using cutting edge electronic medical record system.
- The Anacostia Wellness Center: our new school-based health center at the Anacostia Senior High School serving the adolescents who attend the Anacostia Senior High School.
The KIDS Mobile Medical Clinic is proud to work in collaboration with Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Washington, DC as a Ronald McDonald Care Mobile Program. This unique network of mobile units provides worldwide partners from whom we draw expertise and to whom we offer our own considerable experience. This special vantage point allows us to help children around the world receive better care and promote MedStar Georgetown’s mission of “cura personalis”—caring for the whole person. During the last few years, our program has diversified and expanded our relationships. Last year, with the very generous support of partners and collaborators like Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Washington DC, CVS/Caremark Charitable Trust, The Joseph E. & Marjorie B. Jones Foundation, the Michele Snyder Foundation, the Clark-Winchcole Foundation, and the W. O’Neill Foundation, we have been able to bring more services to more children in need.
For more information about MedStar Georgetown's KIDS Mobile Medical Clinic, please call 202-444-8888.