MedStar PromptCare FAQs
What Is Urgent Care?
Urgent care centers provide walk-in, extended hour access to medical care for acute illness and injury. These centers can provide care that is beyond the scope or availability of the typical primary care practice or retail clinic. MedStar PromptCare will communicate with the patient’s primary care physician, while helping them get the care they need, when they need it.
When Should You Come to MedStar PromptCare?
- If your primary care physician’s office is closed or is unable to see you.
We will communicate back to your primary care physician so your care with us becomes a part of your medical record.
- If you have any non-life threatening injury or illness during the day, after business hours or on a weekend or holiday.
- If you have a minor injury and you don’t want to wait in an Emergency Room for treatment.
- If you suspect you or your child may have a concussion after a sports related accident.
- If you need a flu shot and it is the appropriate time to receive this immunization.
- If you need a physical for sports participation or pre-employment.