THIS CLASS IS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD AT ANY TIME AND IS ON-DEMAND - PLEASE DISREGARD DATE AND TIME
Get prepared for your upcoming planned cesarean birth! This interactive online course covers essential information about preparing for, having, and recovering from cesarean surgery, and it highlights ways partners can help throughout the process. You’ll also learn what steps you can take to make your cesarean birth a family-centered experience, including an opportunity to create your own cesarean birth plan.
You can access the eClass from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
The class will take about 2 to 3 hours to complete.
- Cesarean Overview
- Signs of Labor
- Preparing for Surgery
- Surgical Procedure
- Recovery in the Hospital
- Recovery at Home
- Videos, animations, and optional read-along audio
- Quizzes, interactive exercises, notes pages, and extended activities
- PDF library including What to Pack for Your Surgery and Family-Centered Cesarean Birth Plan checklists
- Audio library with a cesarean birth visualization exercise, a prenatal bonding exercise, and more
- Essential new-parent tools
- Glossary and web links
- Class completion certificate
Discounts are available for MedStar Health Associates, MedStar Family Choice members, and Military with a spouse deployed. Please call 1-888-746-2852 for discount information and to register.
How it works:
- Once you purchase your seat to the eClass, we will email you login instructions.
- You’ll have access to the class for 9 months.
If you have any questions, please email: MedStarBirthandFamilyEducation@medstar.net or call Beth Kegley at 443-777-2447.