Alan Shikani, MD, is chief of Otolaryngology and director of the Rhinology Program. His special interests include nasal and sinus surgery, endoscopic sinus techniques, balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic closure of CSF rhinorrhea, minimally invasive skull base surgery, skull base tumors and head and neck cancer. His research developed the Rhinotopic protocol, Head and Neck Cancer, and Rhinology.
Dr. Shikani was named a Baltimore magazine Top Doctor in 2012, was named a 2015 Top Doctor by Baltimore magazine for general adult otolaryngology and otolaryngology (head and neck malignancies). In addition, he has been named a Baltimore magazine Top Doctor for Otolaryngology in 2016 and 2017.
- Residency Program: Johns Hopkins Hospital (1990)
- Residency Program: MedStar Union Memorial Hospital (1987)
- Fellowship Program: Johns Hopkins Hospital (1986)
- Medical School: American University of Beirut (1981)
- Internship Program: American University of Beirut Medical Center (1981)
- Board Certification: American Board of Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- 2015 Top Doctor, Baltimore magazine
- 2016 Top Doctor, Baltimore magazine
- 2017 Top Doctor, Baltimore magazine