- Emergency Medicine
David E Farnie, MD, a senior physician with MedStar Emergency Physicians, has been an emergency physician at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center since 2003. Dr. Farnie received his medical degree from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in 1992 and completed an emergency medicine residency at the San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium in 1998. He served as an emergency physician in the U.S. Air Force from 1998-2003 and was the medical director of the emergency department at Andrews Air Force Base.
Dr. Farnie is board certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine and a fellow of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine.
At MedStar Franklin Square, Dr. Farnie has been coordinator for the graduate medical education emergency medicine rotation for resident physicians since 2003. He served on MedStar Franklin Square's Graduate Medical Education Committee from 2006 to 2015. Dr Farnie is Assistant Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine, MedStar Georgetown University School of Medicine. Dr. Farnie also serves on the MedStar Medical Group Emergency Medicine Finance Committee.
Dr. Farnie is a supervising physician for MedStar's Venue Care at M&T Bank Stadium, including the Baltimore Ravens home games.
- Residency Program: Brooke Army Medical Center (1998)
- Internship Program: David Grant USAF Medical Center @ Travis AF Base (1993)
- Medical School: Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (1992)
- Board Certification: American Board of Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medicine
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center