- Structural Heart Disease
- Cardiac Surgery
Dipin Gupta, MD, FACS, a board-certified general and cardiothoracic surgeon at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, specializes minimally invasive heart surgery, including valve repair and replacement, bypass surgery and atrial fibrillation surgery.
With extensive training and participation in more than 3,000 minimally invasive techniques, Dr. Gupta is experienced at performing delicate surgery through tiny incisions. He takes great pride in mastering the latest surgical techniques and offering his patients safe, effective alternatives to traditional open surgery. His surgical expertise has earned him a teaching award by the residents at Temple University Hospital and recognition as a "Top Doc" in thoracic surgery by Richmond magazine from 2009-2014.
Because the prospect of heart surgery can be overwhelming for patients and their families, Dr. Gupta takes the time to explain the diagnosis and the advantages and disadvantages of treatment options. He feels a special bond with patients and their families and values the trust they place in him. Earning this trust and bringing his expertise and extreme focus to each surgery is what makes his job challenging and rewarding.
Dr. Gupta is a member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, the American Medical Association and the American College of Surgeons. He has contributed to a number of prestigious publications, including The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, the Journal of Surgical Research and the Journal of the American College of Surgeons, among others.
- Fellowship Program: New York University Medical Center (2008)
- Residency Program: Temple University Hospital (2006)
- Internship Program: Mayo Clinic of Rochester (1999)
- Medical School: Jefferson Medical College (1998)
- Board Certification: American Board of Thoracic Surgery, Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
- Board Certification: American Board of Surgery, Surgery
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- 2016, 2017 Top Doctor, Baltimore magazine