- Emergency Medicine
Jonathan Hansen, MD, MBA, FACEP, chair of the Emergency Department at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, has been a member of the leadership team since 2009. Dr. Hansen received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University in 2001 and was a resident at the University of Maryland Medical Center. He later went on to receive his Master of Business Administration from The Johns Hopkins University in 2010.
Dr. Hansen is board certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine and a fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians. He works extensively with advanced practice providers and serves as an advisor for the MedStar Emergency Physicians' PA Postgraduate Training Program.
At MedStar Franklin Square, Dr. Hansen is chair of the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee and serves on several other committees and working groups. At the corporate level, he serves on the Leadership Committee of the MedStar Medical Group Emergency Medicine Clinical Practice Council and also co-chairs its Finance Committee. He also represents MedStar Franklin Square on the MedStar Corporate Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee.
Dr. Hansen was named a "Top Doc" by Baltimore Magazine for emergency medicine from 2013 to 2017.
In the News
Dr. Hansen frequently shares his emergency medicine expertise in the news, including:
- Residency Program: University of Maryland Medical Center (2004)
- Medical School: Thomas Jefferson University College of Medical (2001)
- Board Certification: American Board of Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medicine
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- MedStar Harbor Hospital
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- Baltimore Magazine Top Doc, 2013-2017