- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine
- non-healing wound
Lisa M. Alford, MD, is a board-certified general and vascular surgeon at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital who specializes in treating conditions that affect veins and arteries. She also specializes in treating complex wounds, working in MedStar Georgetown's Center for Wound Healing. In that role, Dr. Alford oversees hyperbaric oxygen therapy, which is used to treat chronic, non-healing wounds.
Dr. Alford developed her love for surgery early in medical school, drawn to its ability to quickly improve a patient's condition. Her surgical expertise enables her to perform procedures ranging from major vascular surgery to minimally invasive procedures to treat a wide range of vascular conditions, including varicose veins and spider veins.
As a wound care specialist, Dr. Alford focuses on treating complex wounds that are often complicated by a vascular condition. With a specialty certification in hyperbaric oxygen therapy, Dr. Alford evaluates and manages the therapy for patients with chronic wounds.
Dr. Alford is involved in community outreach, conducting health and wellness presentations at local churches.
- Fellowship Program: New York Presbyterian Hospital Cornell Campus (2010)
- Fellowship Program: McGill University (1995)
- Internship/Residency: Howard University Hospital (1993)
- Medical School: Howard University College of Medicine (1988)
- Board Certification: American Board of Surgery, Vascular Surgery
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital