- Medical Oncology
Michael Auerbach, MD, named a 2017 "Top Doc" by Baltimore Magazine for hematology.
- Fellowship Program: Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center (1981)
- Residency Program: Cleveland Clinic Hospital (1978)
- Medical School: New York Medical College (1975)
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
Dr. Auerbach has published over 125 papers, including numerous influential publications, some of which are listed below:
Treatment of anemia due to iron deficiency. Basow DS (Ed), 2013.
Intravenous iron optimizes the response to recombinant human erythropoietin in cancer patients with chemotherapy-related anemia: results of a multicenter, open-label, randomized trial. J Clin Onc, 2004.
Intravenous iron in anemia: clinical update. Lancet, 2007.
The role of intravenous iron in anemia management and transfusion avoidance. Transfusion, 2008.
Low molecular weight iron dextran and iron sucrose have similar comparative safety profiles in chronic kidney disease. Kidney International, 2008.
Clinical use of intravenous iron: administration, efficacy, and safety. American Society of Hematology Education Program Book, 2010.
Safety and efficacy of rapidly administered (one hour) one gram of low molecular weight iron dextran (INFeD) for the treatment of iron deficient anemia. Am J Heme, 2011.
Safety and efficacy of total dose infusion of 1020 mg of Ferumoxytol administered over 15 minutes. Am J. Heme, 2013.
Is it time for a new standard. Transfusion, 2013.
Should the ASH/ASCO guidelines for the use of intravenous iron in cancer and chemotherapy-induced anemia be updated? JNCCN , 2014.
Hypersensitivity from intravenous iron products. Immunology and Allergy Clinics of North America, 2014.
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- Baltimore Magazine Top Doc, 2008-2010, 2012-2015, 2017
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Service Award