- Hand Surgery
Dr. Zimmerman earned his medical degree at the Abraham Lincoln College of Medicine, at the University of Illinois. He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Chicago Medical Center and a fellowship in hand surgery at the Curtis National Hand Center at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Zimmerman is a clinical instructor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. He is an attending hand surgeon and consultant for surgical cases with the residents and fellows and is actively involved in direct surgical education and didactic lectures. His special interests lie in electronic media and their application to the practice of medicine. He leads a popular class for the fellows entitled "Getting Ready for Practice, The Nuts and Bolts of the Practice of Medicine."
Dr. Zimmerman was named a 2017 “Top Doc” by Baltimore Magazine for Hand Surgery and also recognized in 2016.
- Fellowship Program: MedStar Union Memorial Hospital at Baltimore (1988)
- Residency Program: University of Chicago Medical Center (1987)
- Internship Program: University of Chicago Medical Center (1983)
- Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine (1982)
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Surgery of the Hand
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- Baltimore Magazine Top Doc, 2017, 2016