- addiction disorders
- alcohol dependency
- alzheimer's disease
- antisocial personality disorder
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- behavioral disorders
- behavioral health
- bipolar disorder
- borderline personality disorder
- dual diagnosis
- eating disorders
- histrionic personality disorder
- hoarding disorder
- impulse control disorders
- mood disorders
- narcissistic personality disorder
- obsessive-compulsive disorder
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- psychological abuse
- self-harming behaviors
- sexual abuse
- substance abuse
- suicidal ideation
- video game addiction
- anger management
Dr. Penny Wolfe received her PhD in Clinical Psychology, specializing in Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation Psychology, from Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, Illinois. She completed an APA approved clinical internship specializing in Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation at Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, Virginia. She then completed a two year APA/APPCN approved postdoctoral fellowship in Neuropsychology and Rehabilitation Psychology at the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan/Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State University Medical School in Detroit, Michigan.
Dr. Wolfe joined the psychology department at MedStar NRH in 2006. She is presently a clinical neuropsychologist working primarily on the inpatient brain injury unit providing evaluation and treatment for individuals with a variety of neurological conditions including acquired brain injury, stroke, dementia, aneurysm, brain tumor, anoxic injury, encephalopathy, Parkinson's disease, hydrocephalic conditions and other neurologically based disorders.
Dr. Wolfe also conducts outpatient neuropsychological evaluations and psychotherapy with individuals who have experienced brain injury or other neurological conditions.
Dr. Wolfe has research interests in forensic neuropsychological evaluation, mild traumatic brain injury, improving behavioral, psychosocial and community integration outcomes following brain injury and other areas involving the evaluation and treatment of neurological conditions.
She is licensed in the District of Columbia.
- Residency Program: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan (2006)
- Internship Program: Eastern Virginia Medical School (1999)
- Graduate Education: Marshall University School of Medicine (1991)
- 102 Irving Street NorthwestWashington, DC 20010
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital