- Hospital Medicine
- Internal Medicine; board certified
Peter C. Hill, MD, FACP, FCCP, is director of Medical Services for Cardiac Surgery at MedStar Washington Hospital Center. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine in both Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Diseases.
Dr. Hill also serves as Chief Medical Information Officer for the Hospital Center. In this role, he is responsible for setting clinical informatics practice direction, promoting effective healthcare technology usage and building relationships between clinical end-users and organizational operators.
Dr. Hill received his undergraduate degree from Bowling Green State University in Ohio, and his medical degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. His internship and residency in Internal Medicine were completed at the Hospital Center, where Dr. Hill was awarded the Saul Zuckerman Humanitarianism in Medicine Award. This award is given each year to the resident who "demonstrates superior clinical skills, effective medical scholarship, courtesy and sensibility to patients, compassion, dependability and cooperation with colleagues." Dr. Hill also completed a fellowship in Pulmonary Medicine at George Washington University Medical Center.
Dr. Hill is a widely published author, and is a member of the Medical Society of the District of Columbia.
- Fellowship Program: George Washington University Hospital (1992)
- Residency Program: MedStar Washington Hospital Center (1990)
- Internship Program: MedStar Washington Hospital Center (1988)
- Medical School: University of Cincinnati (1987)
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center