- newborn care
Stephanie de Wit, MD, a neonatologist at MedStar Franklin Square since 2012, is board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics in both Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine.
Dr. de Wit grew up in Maryland and graduated with honors from Goucher College. She then attended the University of Maryland School of Medicine, where she received her medical degree. Dr. de Wit completed her pediatric residency at the University of Rochester Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Her published research describes communication between parents and healthcare team members in the neonatal intensive care unit.
Dr. de Wit has a special interest in quality improvement and safety initiatives in neonatal intensive care. In line with the strong commitment that the NICU has to providing outstanding care and obtaining excellent outcomes, Dr. de Wit oversees our reporting to the Vermont Oxford Network, a worldwide database for neonatal outcomes that provides the ability to benchmark against similar neonatal intensive care units and continuously improve our outcomes. Dr. de Wit is also a member of the High Reliability Organization Steering Committee, a system-wide initiative focused on creating the safest hospital environment for patients, families, and staff members.
- Fellowship Program: Johns Hopkins Hospital (2012)
- Residency Program: University of Rochester Medical Center (2009)
- Medical School: University of Maryland School of Medicine (2006)
- Board Certification: American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- Board Certification: American Board of Pediatrics, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center