- Residency Program: National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (1994)
- Fellowship Program: National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (1966)
- Residency Program: New York Hospital - Cornell Medical Center (1963)
- Internship Program: New York Hospital - Cornell Medical Center (1962)
- Medical School: Cornell University College of Medicine (1961)
Member of Medical Staff
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- Honors and other special scientific recognition Phi Beta Kappa Alpha Omega Alpha elected junior year, The William Mecklenburg Polk Prize for Research-Medical School American Society for Clinical Investigation Association of American Physicians Distinguished WELCOME Lecturer, St. Boniface General Hospital Research Center: Winnipeg Pfizer Visiting Professor Program, Cardiology Division, L.D.S. Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah Vice-Chairman of the DSMB for Programs of Excellence in Gene and Cell Therapy for the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, 2000-2013. DSMB Chair of Specialized Centers for Clinically Oriented Research (SCCOR) in Cardiac Dysfunction and Disease; NHLBI, 2005-2011. Presenter at numerous ACC, AHA, CRT and TCT meetings.