- Diagnostic Radiology; board certified
Susan Ascher, MD, is a board-certified radiologist who specializes in gynecologic imaging for patients 18 years and older. Dr. Ascher is the vice chair for Research at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, as well as a professor of radiology at Georgetown University School of Medicine.
Dr. Ascher credits incredible mentors for guiding her to women's health, where she's been a champion for equity for women in healthcare and research. Dr. Ascher has used her work as a platform for improving diagnostic and treatment procedures for women. She served as a medical advisor in the Office on Women's Health in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, where her work focused on transferring the pinpoint accuracy of defense technology to breast cancer detection using breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
She has also been involved in promoting the use of MRI to evaluate potential candidates for uterine fibroid embolization, a minimally invasive alternative pain and bleeding associated with uterine fibroids.
Dr. Ascher serves on numerous professional committees and boards, and has also served on the board of Washington Home and Community Hospices and the Star Light Children's Foundation.
- Fellowship Program: MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (1991)
- Residency Program: Yale New Haven Hospital (1990)
- Fellowship Program: NY-Presbyterian Hosp Cornell and Columbia Univ (1987)
- Internship Program: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center (1986)
- Medical School: Cornell University Medical College (1985)
- Board Certification: American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital
- MedStar Harbor Hospital
- MedStar St. Marys Hospital
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital