- Clinical Neuropsychology
- injury to brain
- traumatic brain injury
Dr. William Garmoe is a board-certified clinical neuropsychologist (ABPP-CN) who serves as the coordinator of Neuropsychology Services within the Psychology Department. He specializes in assessment and treatment of individuals who have suffered traumatic brain injury, aneurysm, dementia, and other neurologic syndromes.
Dr. Garmoe is also a principal investigator within the MedStar NRH Neuroscience Research Center, with research specialization in the area of self-awareness following brain injury. Dr. Garmoe is the chairman of the MedStar NRH Research Committee, serves on the MedStar Institutional Review Board, and is co-director of the MedStar NRH Bioethics Committee.
- Fellowship Program: Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (1989)
- Graduate Education: Northern Illinois University (1989)
- Internship Program: Edward Hines Jr. Veterans Administration Hospital (1988)
- Medical School: Northern Illinois University (1985)
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital