Thank you for your interest in Georgetown’s consultation-liaison psychiatry fellowship! We typically begin interviewing in October and will be participating in the NRMP Match.
To be considered for an interview we require the following information:
- Complete and submit the common application (pdf)
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter from the program director of each prior training program (must meet ACGME rules)
- Two additional letters of recommendation
- Personal statement describing your current interests, accomplishments, and professional goals in consultation-liaison psychiatry
When possible, please send all materials electronically to the program director at [email protected].
Letters of recommendation can be emailed as a Word document directly from the letter writer or from the program coordinator. Letters can also be scanned and sent as a .pdf from the letter writer, coordinator, or the applicant. All letters should be addressed to the Program Director:
Ted Liao, MD
2115 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20007
Before we can rank your application, we must also receive originals or certified copies of your:
- Medical student performance evaluation (“dean’s letter”)
- Medical school transcript
- Verification of graduation from medical school (certificate or letter)
- Applicants from an allopathic medical schools must provide documentation of successful completion of Steps 1, 2 (CS and CK), and 3 of the United States Medical Licensure Examination (USMLE). Applicants from an osteopathic medical school must provide documentation of successful completion of COMLEX Levels 1, 2 (CE and PE), and 3.
Candidates of medical schools that are not accredited by the LCME or the AOA must have the following additional documentation:
- Official certified translations of all documents listed above in English
- Certification by the Educational Commission of Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
Please note: MedStar Georgetown University Hospital will only sponsor J-1 visas.