Each year, the MedStar Georgetown Psychiatry Residency Training Program accepts applications for seven PGY-1 positions. All applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Applications are accepted starting in September and are preferred by November 1. Interviews are by invitation only and are a required component of the application process. Interviews are scheduled at the mutual convenience of the applicant and the program between October 1st and February 1st. The interview day is designed to provide applicants with exposure to different aspects of our program and to meet some of our residents and faculty.
Qualifications considered in the selection process include:
- Global performance in medical school, including:
- Dean's letter
- Class rank
- Continuity of medical education
- Personal Statement/Motivation for Psychiatry
- USMLE or COMLEX examination scores
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- ECFMG Certification, if applicable. For International Medical Graduates, we will accept only a J-1 visa sponsored by the ECFMG.
Further inquiries regarding the application process should be directed to:
Administrator, Residency Programs
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
Department of Psychiatry
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, NW Suite 200
Washington DC 20007