Highlights of the shoulder and elbow fellowship include:
- Patient care in the attending surgeon's private practice
- Assisting in the operating room
- Performing surgery under the direction of the attending staff
- Supervising resident surgery activities
- Contributing to the educational program
- Conducting resident and fellow conferences
- Time in the surgical technique laboratory
- Monthly anatomical dissection program, journal club and interactive conferences
- Participation in ongoing clinical research projects
The shoulder and elbow experience can include hundreds of cases each year, with approximately 80 percent of the cases involving the shoulder and 20 percent involving the elbow. Operative experience includes a high volume of primary and revision shoulder arthroplasty (over 250 arthroplasty cases are performed annually), advanced shoulder and elbow arthroscopy, open shoulder reconstruction, shoulder and elbow fracture management, elbow ligament repair and reconstruction, and elbow arthroplasty.
Together with the research staff, the fellow will be expected to participate in active clinical and/or biomechanical research. The fellow will be encouraged to complete at least one research project.
For more information, please contact us at 410-554-6865.