Now Accepting Applications
Interested candidates should submit an online application, Please note that Department Chairs and the hospital VPMA must provide written support for all applicants ensuring that they will be able to attend all sessions and be provided time to work on scholarly projects outside of the course time (emails preferred).
This program is a rigorous 2-year longitudinal program aimed at enhancing educational scholarship. Participants are expected to attend all sessions and work groups, in addition to work on individual research projects.
The course requires each participant to complete a hypothesis-driven scholarly project by the end of the program. The initial months of the program are focused on developing your project topic and intervention.
Overnight Sessions: Overnight accommodations are provided and all participants are expected to stay at the hotel, regardless of their home location. Sessions are scheduled all day, with evening group activities. Participants are expected to spend the night and attend all scheduled activities.
Monthly Sessions: Monthly sessions include didactic lectures, journal club, group activities and independent work time, with on-site consultation and support. Sessions are generally from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Participants are expected to attend the full day session.
- Orientation: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 (Hyattsville, MD)
- Kickoff Session: January 30, 2020, 1:00 - 2:00 pm (Columbia, MD)
- Capstone: January 30, 2020, 2:00 - 6:00 pm (Columbia, MD)
- Overnight Session I: February 19-20-21, 2020 (TBD)
- Monthly session: Thursday, March 19, 2020 (MedStar Health Research Institute)
- MHRI Symposium: Monday, April 6, 2020 (Bethesda, MD)
- Monthly session: Thursday, April 16, 2020 (MedStar Health Research Institute)
- Overnight Session II: May 20-21-22, 2020 (TBD)
- Monthly Session: Thursday June 18, 2020 (MedStar Health Research Institute)
- Monthly Session: Thursday, July 16, 2020 (TBD)
- Overnight Session III: September 16-17-18, 2020 (TBD)
- Monthly Session: Thursday, October 15, 2020 (MedStar Health Research Institute)
- Monthly Session: Thursday, November 19, 2020 (MedStar Health Research Institute)
- Virtual Journal Club: Tuesday, December 10, 2020 (12:00 - 1:00 pm)