MedStar Health Home Care provides comprehensive in-home medical social work services for homebound patients. Our professional social workers will assess the patient’s emotional, environmental, psychological and social needs to ensure home is the safest place to heal.
Medical social workers work closely with each patient’s homecare team to ensure their plan for care will help lead to greater health and independence.
In-Home Medical Social Work Services:
- In-home assessment to identify limitations, barriers, or safety issues
- Treatment and observation of patients exhibiting significant social and emotional problems affecting their health status
- Development and periodic re-evaluation of the physician's plan of care
- Education and counseling for patients and families
- Connect patients and families to necessary resources and support in the community
- Help patients expand and strengthen their network of social support
To find out more about our home healthcare services, call: 800-862-2166.