Updates on MHRI’s FY18 Goals and the Biennial Pulse Survey
MedStar Health Research Institute (MHRI) continues to be committed to the engagement of our associates. From the results of the biennial MedStar Associate Engagement Survey, MHRI identified several areas to focus efforts on to increase associate engagement.
Professional development continues to be an ongoing area of opportunity for MHRI. Several initiatives have been undertaken to help support associates in their growth.
- Clinical Nurse Career Ladder: The Scientific Center Administrators are working to implement a Clinical Nurse Career ladder, similar to the one that was created in FY17 for research coordinators. The ladder is on track to be released before the end of the fiscal year.
- Continuation of an MHRI-wide performance goal for career/professional development: This goal is part of each mid-year and year-end review for all associates to help start the conversation with their managers on their professional development goals, experiences and trainings, and use of the professional development fund.
- Expanding Education Development Opportunities through Technology: The recent lunch and learn leveraged a WebEx to share the presentation with those who could not attend in person. Kelly McNiff, the HR Business partner, presented on different options for professional and educational development as part of the benefits of being an MHRI associate.
In alternate years of the Associate Engagement Survey, we undertake the “Pulse Survey”. This short, confidential survey serves to let MHRI to “take a pulse” of our associates in terms of engagement and progress on our action plans that are a result of the Associate Engagement Survey.
The survey is comprised of the 10 multiple-choice questions on associate engagement from the larger survey, and two open-ended questions. The results of this survey will be used to update department action plans and ensure the MHRI is on track for the entity-wide initiatives undertaken.
New for 2018: The survey will be accessible through the myHR Portal. The myHR portal is accessible both within the MedStar network and on your home computers. To access myHR when at home, please make sure that you have set-up your account.
- Within MedStar network—visit the StarPort home page and select myHR link under HR Information section; using the StarPort link is single sign-on.
- When signing in, make sure you include medstar\ before your username or @medstar.net
- Outside MedStar network—visit myHRMedStar.net from any computer or mobile device. A one-time new user registration is necessary the first time you visit www.myHRMedStar.net. This step allows you to create a password for accessing myHR anytime from any device.
Be on the look-out for future communications with the date and instructions to complete the survey. Thank you in advance for your time and commitment to helping us make MHRI a great place to work.