Honoring SPIRIT at MHRI: First Quarter 2020
Theresa Moriarty was awarded the SPIRIT of Excellence Award for the first quarter of 2020 during MHRI's April virtual town hall meeting.
Theresa, known as Terry, is a Research Nurse Coordinator for MedStar Clinical Research Center at MedStar Health Research Institute. She was selected by our Executive Committee, based on KUDOS submissions during the first quarter (January through March) of 2020.
Ron Migues, Executive Director for MedStar Medical and Surgical Research Network said “Terry knows the protocols inside and out, back and forth. You truly are a role model associate and are someone any member of the team can look up to and for guidance.”
Terry was recognized for her excellent work in support of the many clinical trials she puts her all into and for always being a true team player and making herself available to assist where needed. There were a number of KUDOS submitted that spoke highly of Terry and make this award well deserved:
- “Terry, I truly want to thank you for all the time and work spent on teaching me to become a research nurse. There is not a better mentor/ teacher/ preceptor that I could have worked with.”
- “Terry I cannot thank you enough for your dedication and guidance during this very difficult time. I really don't know how we could have pulled it off without you.”
- “Terry, you are a great help, and prompt to reply back. You are an awesome team player. I can always count on you. MHRI should be very proud of you.”
- "Terry, you deserve all the kudos for leading the charge getting the Regeneron-sponsored COVID-19 clinical trial going, on the ground. You have made MedStar proud being counted amongst the top enrolling sites for the study, all because of your tireless commitment to seeing to the success of this study at MWHC/MHRI. This has been an example for the rest of us on the team to follow, and we will work as diligently as you have shown to make sure your outstanding contribution is not in vain."
- “Theresa, thank you for all of your assistance with pre-screening patients for SELECT. You are appreciated”
- “Thanks, Terry, for your continued excellent work in support of the Sarilumab study and your consideration for co-workers and patients. You consistently display the highest level of compassion and professionalism in all that you do. Your willingness to do whatever is required to ensure that studies you are involved with are conducted in accordance with the highest ethical and professional standards is a model for us all.”
The SPIRIT Award is given to recognize and reward one associate (management or non-management) each quarter, who excels in Service, Patient First, Integrity, Respect, Innovation, and Teamwork.
Terry, thank you for your dedication to advancing health and your commitment to MedStar Health's SPIRIT values. You are part of what makes MedStar Health great!