The Office of Contracts and Grants Management (OCGM), reports to the Assistant Vice President of Research Administration, supporting and administering all sponsored research for the MedStar Health System. The department supports research administration by developing standard operating procedures for grant proposal and contract submissions, ensuring compliance with local, state and federal regulations, as well as providing and facilitating funding opportunities to researchers across the MedStar System.
OCGM represents the Institute in obtaining final institutional signature on proposals/contracts, in negotiating terms and conditions for all contracts, grants, subcontracts and other award mechanisms, and functioning as the liaison and administrative representative to all external sponsors on issues relevant to sponsored programs administered by MedStar Health Research Institute.
OCGM Services include the following areas:
- Maintain database of all sponsored research projects.
- Contract negotiation and budgeting.
- Develop subcontract agreements.
- Approve of all confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements.
- Prepare and negotiate master agreements and pricing arrangements.
- Act as liaison between sponsor, Scientific Center Administrator/Department, Principal Investigator, and Finance.
- Assist with budget preparation and development of cost proposals for sponsored research programs.
- Review and approve all contractual agreements related to sponsored research.
- Prepare/collate proposal (including NCE, Supplements, etc.) and submit to approving agency/sponsor.
- Facilitate administrative close-out of all completed sponsored research projects.
Contact the Office of Contracts and Grants Management
OCGM @ MedStar Health Research Institute
6525 Belcrest Road., Suite 700
Hyattsville, Maryland 20782
Ph : 301-560-7300