April 1 (2 p.m.) MedStar Health Update Regarding Computer Network
April 1, 2016
Featured in :Technology/IT ,
Explore By Category :
- Emergency medicine/trauma
- Gastroenterology/digestive diseases
- Healthcare industry
- MedStar in the community
- Orthopaedics and sports medicine
- Primary care
- Quality and Patient Safety
- Urgent Care
- Women’s services
- Video Gallery
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center News
- MedStar Harbor Hospital News
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital News
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital News
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center News
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital News
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center News
- MedStar St. Mary's Hospital News
- MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center News
Thanks to the around-the-clock dedication and expertise of MedStar Health’s IT team and cybersecurity partners working with them, we continue to restore our computer network.
As of Friday morning, we were approaching 90 percent functionality of our systems. Our three main clinical information systems supporting patient care—the inpatient Electronic Health Record (EHR), outpatient EHR, and our registration and scheduling system—are functioning. Numerous other systems are also back online, and we are working on the remaining clinical and administrative systems that connect to our network and are resolving unique, site-specific issues on a real-time basis.
In support of our mission, we focused our IT energies on systems related to direct patient care. Forensic work of MedStar IT systems have shown no evidence that patient or associate information or data have been compromised. The confidentiality of information is among our greatest priorities, and our IT experts will continue to focus on this important issue.
We continue to provide clinical care at volumes approximating a normal week. Thousands of patients throughout the region have been cared for by MedStar, and we cannot emphasize enough our appreciation for their support and understanding. The teamwork we have experienced among our 31,000 associates is outstanding.
Back to Top
MedStar Health Recognized as 2016 Most Wired Advanced
Category : Healthcare industry , Innovation , Technology/IT ,