The safety of our patients will always be our top priority.
As the largest healthcare provider in the region, MedStar Health has always focused on providing a safe, clean, and secure environment. Our team members are highly trained in taking all the necessary precautions to protect our patients, their families, and our associates.
Now, we’re taking extra precautions to help you feel at ease during your care. Each member of our team is focused on keeping you and your loved ones safe. Here’s what you can expect:
- Safe providers: Our physicians, nurses, and other healthcare team members use the proper safety gear to protect themselves and you to keep everyone healthy.
- Masking: All patients and visitors are expected to wear a mask during their visit, regardless of symptoms. We will provide one for you, if needed.
- Cleaning and disinfecting: We thoroughly sanitize and disinfect all patient exam, waiting, and procedure rooms multiple times each day.
- Hand sanitizing: Hand sanitizer dispensing stations are available throughout every facility.
- Staggered appointments: We are carefully managing our schedules to minimize the number of people coming through our waiting rooms at one time.
- Screening patients and visitors: We are screening all patients and approved visitors for symptoms at every hospital and medical office location.
- Physical distancing: While inside our facilities, we’ll help you practice physical distancing with floor markers, signage, and reconfigured waiting areas.
- You will never feel socially distant. MedStar Health associates care about you. Our mantra–It’s how we treat people–is what drives us all to do what we do.
Get the care you need, now. We’re here for you.
Don’t delay your medical needs or ignore symptoms that would typically bring you to an emergency room, urgent care center, or doctor’s office. Early detection and treatment improve our ability to provide you with the most comprehensive and effective care. Trust MedStar Health for all your healthcare needs.
From primary care to cardiology, oncology to physical therapy, gastrointestinal services to orthopedics, and more, our team is ready to provide the care you need in the most appropriate setting. MedStar Health Video Visits are an option for some appointments, but in other cases, an in-person visit may be best. We’re here to help determine the right care for your needs and comfort level.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Our sites of care are still the safe and clean facilities that patients have trusted for decades. Our team members are highly trained in protecting our patients, families, and each other. In light of COVID-19, we’ve instituted extra precautions across our facilities.
A: If your surgery was delayed because of COVID-19, call your provider now to discuss rescheduling. Appointments are available and your surgery could be rescheduled sooner than you might expect.
To ensure everyone’s safety, patients undergoing surgery will be tested for COVID-19 as a precaution.
A: We understand you may be feeling anxious about going to a hospital or doctor’s office, given the current circumstances. We urge you to seek the care you need, and we have solutions to help you see a provider from home, if appropriate. Learn more about our telehealth options here, or call your provider’s office to discuss the best care option for your needs.