MedStar Washington Hospital Center's Community Health Department invites you to attend the AARP Smart Driver Course. The Smart Divers Course is the nations' first and largest refresher for drivers 50+, and has helped millions of drivers remain safe on the road.
In this course, you will learn:
- Safe ways to merge with traffic, change lanes, make turns at busy intersections and proper following distance
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, and getting your best seating position for driving
- New technologies to assist in accident prevention such as anti-lock breaks, skid control, blind-spot monitoring and collision avoidance
- Effects of medications and distractions on driving
- New laws and challenges of driving in Washington, DC such as bicycle lanes, scooters, traffic circles and road changes
A certification will be provided upon completion of the course, which can be used to receive discounts on car insurance. Please check with your insurance company about their policy.
Nov. 12 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital
TeleCenter & TeleConference Room
102 Irving Street, NW
Washington, DC 20010
Cost of Attendance
AARP members: $15 and Non-members: $20
Payment is required via cash or check at the time of class.
Instructor: Scott Hunt
Call Scoot Hunt at 202-431-5107 (before 9:00 p.m.)