The expectant mother and her support person will learn the basics of childbirth and what to expect during the birth of her baby while here at MedStar Harbor Hospital. There will be some instruction on comfort measures and breathing techniques; however, this is not a “Natural Childbirth” or “Lamaze” course. Breaks will be given throughout the day as well as a 30-minute lunch break. The expectant mother is encouraged to bring her partner or the support person that will be with her during her labor and delivery.
Cost: $50 per person (this is the standard fee for all class participants; however, those that have a Medical Assistance plan or are MedStar employees pay a different rate)
Space is limited. Call 410-350-2563 to register.
- Please check in at the front desk at the Visitor’s Entrance to find out which room to report to
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, we ask that ALL participants wear a mask throughout the entire class
- Please bring your own drink and snacks/food
- Please wear comfortable clothing and a sweater or jacket in case the classroom is cold
- DO NOT bring pillows or blankets to this class