The Living Well Chronic Diseases Self-Management Program is a FREE seven-week workshop designed to help adults living with chronic conditions take charge of their health and their life! Conditions include, but are not limited to, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, depression, chronic pain, arthritis, lung disease, multiple sclerosis or any chronic health concerns.
- Meet and receive support from others who are living with a chronic condition
- Learn practical ways to manage symptoms, medications, and how to cope with difficult emotions
- Discover ways to eat healthy, manage your weight, and relax
- Learn better ways to talk with your healthcare provider and family about your health
- Receive help problem-solving and setting realistic goals to improve the quality of your life
Instructor: Workshops are taught by two facilitators who have been trained by Maintaining Active Citizens, Inc. (MAC), who may also live with a chronic condition.
Cost: Free (includes class instruction, program materials and convenient parking).
Registration: Registration is required. To register, call 877-367-5864.
Series Dates: Thursdays, October 4 to November 15 from 9:30am to 11:30am.
Location: Hattie Holmes Senior Wellness Center, 324 Kennedy St., NW, Washington, DC 20011