Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
This eight-week online course is designed to assist people who want to learn to use their own internal resources to respond more skillfully to stress and medical and psychological conditions, and to promote healthy living. The practice of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is highly respected in today’s medical community.
The highly participatory course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Daily home practice, including six CDs of guided meditations (also in mp3 format)
Teacher - Stan Eisenstein
Stan is a teacher for the Insight Meditation Community of Washington. He is the founder and teacher of the Columbia Insight Meditation Group. Stan has been teaching MBSR for more than four years and has been meditating for more than 30 years.
- Free Introduction: Monday, Jan. 4, 2020 (sign up separately)
- Eight-Week Course: Mondays, Jan. 25 through March 15 from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Daylong Retreat: Saturday, March 6 from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.*
*This is included with the eight week course registration and participants to not need to register for it separately.