What is Patient Care Coordination (PaCC)?
- Provide patient and family education
- Act as a liaison between the patient and their medical team
- Ensure a safe discharge plan from the hospital that meets all medical needs, patient preferences, and insurance guidelines
- Manage transitions to each level of care required after the inpatient stay
- Identify, prevent, and resolve obstacles to care
This service is provided to all adult patients undergoing an inpatient hip or knee surgery at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital.
Each patient is assigned a PaCC Coordinator who will introduce themselves before the surgery to help develop an anticipated plan of care, tailored to your specific needs and your surgeon’s recommendations. This same Coordinator will meet you in the hospital after your surgery and make all necessary arrangements for your next level of care. Your PaCC Coordinator remains available to you throughout your recovery phase and will be checking in via telephone to ensure you are getting the appropriate services and to help address any questions or concerns.
Please meet our PaCC team!
If you have any questions about our program please contact 202-877-1308 in the D.C. region, or 410-554-2820 in the Baltimore region.
We look forward to working with you!