Philanthropy in action
When you support MedStar Health, you are expressing gratitude in a meaningful way. You become a partner in our vision to continue to deliver quality patient care, provide medical education, and advance research to better serve the health and wellness of those in our communities and beyond. We would like to thank all of our philanthropic partners at MedStar Health for your dedication to our hospitals, institutes, and care sites.
In 2020, we focused on our caregivers and associates in ensuring our communities remain supported during this unprecedented time. Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been able to maintain a great deal of confidence with our philanthropic partners in our ability to have a meaningful impact on the health system. We have made supporting our associates and their well-being a priority. The comprehensive work we do makes a real difference, particularly across the communities we serve. Looking ahead, we are on an important journey to create a sustainable culture of gratitude in the everyday interactions happening at MedStar Health.
Thank you again for being a part of our MedStar Health philanthropy family.
Each year, our philanthropic partners help us advance our mission through expressions of gratitude, making it possible to:
Bricks and mortar
Top projects completed or underway in 2020
- Surgical Pavilion at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- Medical/Surgical Pavilion at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- Michael Smith Liss and Lauren Elizabeth Lamb NICU Family Support Center at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- Emergency Department at MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- EP Lab of the Future at MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Top projects started in 2020
- Safe Babies, Safe Moms Initiative at MedStar Health
- Mobile Health Unit, in collaboration with the Baltimore Ravens and MedStar Sports Medicine at MedStar Harbor Hospital
- Music Therapy program at MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital
- Focused on the wellbeing of our associates through the Associate Emergency Support Fund and wellbeing initiatives programs
- Critical Needs Fund to meet patient needs and procure essential resources to keep our caregivers safe
Technology, quality & safety, and research
Top initiatives introduced in 2020
- Launched a study to understand the COVID-19 spread, symptoms, and vaccine adoption
- A portable ultrasound machine for Cancer Care and Infusion Services at MedStar St. Mary’s Hospital
- Meltzer Advanced Technology fund supported acquisition of advanced stroke, neuroscience and vascular surgery equipment and technology at MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- Expanded the MedStar Health Telehealth program
The impact of your philanthropic giving
At MedStar Health, we live up to our promise- it’s how we treat people. We use the best of our minds and the best of our hearts to serve our patients, those who care for them, and our communities.
In 2020, the A. James & Alice B. Clark Foundation made a philanthropic investment to create the Safe Babies Safe Moms Initiative at MedStar Health. Watch how the impact of this transformational gift will continue for generations to come.
Philanthropic facts and figures of 2020
New philanthropic partners
For questions, please email the philanthropy team at [email protected].