Do you have COVID-19 symptoms? All patients seeking a COVID-19 test must see a provider for evaluation to determine which COVID test is right for them. The only patients who can be tested without a full evaluation are those who are sent in with a referral for pre-op COVID testing. Note, some locations stop walk-in patients a few hours before closing when we have reached capacity for the day. If you plan to walk-in in the evening hours please call ahead or book online.
Are you without symptoms but just need COVID-19 testing? Please consider these testing options:
- Use MedStar eVisit for a referral to one of our COVID-19 testing tents or to discuss other types of home or state-based testing options.
- At a local state-based testing location: Maryland, Virginia, or Washington D.C.
- Consider one of these home-based testing options
- Travel testing for COVID-19 will no longer be offered (effective Aug. 14, 2020). Please consider the alternative testing options above.
Testing Turnaround and myMedStar Patient Portal
- Asymptomatic patients who visit our Urgent Care sites for testing will have tests sent to an offsite laboratory, which could take 3-7 days to receive results. We encourage you to enroll in the MedStar Health Patient Portal, so you have access to your results as soon as they become available. For patient portal support, please call 877-745-5656.
When illness or injury strikes without warning, MedStar Health Urgent Care is here for you. You never need an appointment to see an expert provider at our urgent care center. Just walk in or save your spot in line with online check-in.
We are more than a walk-in clinic. Our team of providers diagnoses and treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. We have X-ray services and laboratory testing available on-site for common illnesses (strep, mono, influenza, urinary infection, and pregnancy). If your condition needs further testing such as blood tests or cultures, we will have most results in 48-72 hours. Some advanced testing for serious illnesses may require a referral to a nearby hospital’s emergency department.
We are conveniently located near the I-270 technology corridor in Gaithersburg, MD, in the Shops at Potomac Valley on Darnestown Road. Find us directly across from Starbucks and adjacent to Quince Orchard High School. We have ample free parking available just outside the door.
Should you need ongoing care, we are right next door to the primary care physicians from MedStar Medical Group at Gaithersburg. We will even help you make an appointment.
We are committed to providing convenient, coordinated care with extended evening, weekend and holiday hours. Stop by to see us or use online check-in to reserve your spot in line or call 301-926-3020 (no appointment needed)!
We're Proud To Offer These Services:
- Illness care for flu, allergies, bronchitis, infections, pneumonia, strep throat, pink eye, sinus infections, cold symptoms, urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and more
- Injury care for broken bones, stitches, concussion evaluations, sprains, lacerations/cuts, minor burns, and more
- Sports physicals
- STD testing
- Pre-surgery physicals
- Flu shots (seasonal availability, check with insurance provider for coverage). If 65 years of age or older, please contact your primary care physician for the higher dose vaccine.
- X-ray and basic on-site laboratory (strep, mono, influenza, urine testing, pregnancy)
Did you know? Primary care is available on-site. Click here to find a primary care provider.
MedStar Health Urgent Care participates with most major health insurance plans. The following list should be used only as a guide and is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health benefits plan includes receiving in‐network services from MedStar Health Urgent Care, please call your insurance company.
Don’t have health insurance? Here is some information to help you know what the expected costs and procedures are when you’re paying out of pocket without insurance. Click here to learn about Self pay services.
The NUCCA, a leading expert in urgent care, has recognized our center for our commitment to providing
high-quality urgent care.