COVID-19 Testing Turnaround Time
- It takes 2-7 days to receive test results.
- We encourage you to enroll in the MedStar Health Patient Portal, so you have access to your results as soon as they become available.
- It is very important to remain in quarantine until you receive your results.
- Most patients who meet COVID-19 testing criteria will be offered a rapid point of care test.
- Not everyone with symptoms requires or is able to receive testing. Testing decisions are based on MedStar Health policies, and CDC and local health department guidelines.
When you have an illness or injury that is not life threatening, MedStar Health Urgent Care is here to provide convenient, comprehensive medical care. We are open weekends, evenings and most holidays — and walk-ins are welcome. Just walk in or save your spot in line with online check-in.
Our Towson urgent care center provides care for people of all ages. Our team of providers diagnoses and treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. We have X-ray services and laboratory testing available on-site for common illnesses (strep, mono, influenza, urinary infection, and pregnancy). If your condition needs further testing such as blood tests or cultures, we will have most results in 48-72 hours. Some advanced testing for serious illnesses may require a referral to a nearby hospital’s emergency department.
If you need follow-up care from a specialist, we are located just minutes from MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital. We can connect you to a physician and assist with scheduling the appointment.
Our urgent care center is situated in the north district of Baltimore, in the Anneslie Shopping Center on York Road, close to Towson Town Center, and we offer plenty of free parking. We are more than a walk-in clinic. Our center provides convenient, coordinated care when you need it, in Baltimore County — stop by to see us or use online check-in to reserve your spot in line or call 443-777-6890 (no appointment needed)!
We're Proud To Offer These Services:
- Illness care for flu, allergies, bronchitis, infections, pneumonia, strep throat, pink eye, sinus infections, cold symptoms, urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and more
- Injury care for broken bones, stitches, concussion evaluations, sprains, lacerations/cuts, minor burns, and more
- Sports physicals
- Pre-surgery physicals
- STD testing
- Flu shots (seasonal availability)
- X-ray and basic on-site laboratory (strep, mono, influenza, urine testing, pregnancy)
Looking for primary care? Our specialists are available at locations throughout Maryland and the Washington, D.C. region. Click here to find a primary care provider.
MedStar Health Urgent Care participates with most major health insurance plans. The following list should be used only as a guide and is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health benefits plan includes receiving in‐network services from MedStar Health Urgent Care, please call your insurance company.
Don’t have health insurance? Here is some information to help you know what the expected costs and procedures are when you’re paying out of pocket without insurance. Click here to learn about Self pay services.
Accredited by the National Urgent Care Center!
The National Urgent Care Center, a leading expert in urgent care, has recognized our center for our commitment to providing high-quality urgent care.