Thanksgiving Day Hours
On Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 2020, MedStar Health Urgent Care will close at 4 p.m. so that our associates may have time with their families. If you need care during that time, and it is not of a severe nature, please consider using MedStar eVisit for a virtual consultation with a provider.
Save time in the waiting room with online check-in
11915 Georgia Ave.
Wheaton, MD 20902
Urgent Care Service Hours of Operation:
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Every day.
- Insurance Information
- Services Offered
- Online booking required for elective (asymptomatic) visit which include:
- Sports Physicals, please schedule with our Primary Care Sports Medicine physicians by visiting MedStarSportsMedicine.org.
- Preoperative testing, which includes: COVID-19 preoperative testing and full preoperative evaluations (physical, labs).
- COVID-19 testing without symptoms (see options in COVID-19 Testing section)
- Flu shots
- PPD/TB tests
Do you have COVID-19 symptoms? All patients seeking a COVID-19 test must see a provider for evaluation to determine which COVID test is right for them. The only patients who can be tested without a full evaluation are those who are sent in with a referral for pre-op COVID testing. Note, some locations stop walk-in patients a few hours before closing when we have reached capacity for the day. If you plan to walk-in in the evening hours please call ahead or book online.
Are you without symptoms but just need COVID-19 testing? Please consider these testing options:
- Use MedStar eVisit for a referral to one of our COVID-19 testing tents or to discuss other types of home or state-based testing options.
- At a local state-based testing location: Maryland, Virginia, or Washington D.C.
- Consider one of these home-based testing options
- Travel testing for COVID-19 will no longer be offered (effective Aug. 14, 2020). Please consider the alternative testing options above.
- Patients not experiencing symptoms, who still wish to visit a MedStar Health Urgent Care location and be seen in person must book ahead online. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
Testing Turnaround and myMedStar Patient Portal
- Asymptomatic patients who visit our Urgent Care sites for testing will have tests sent to an offsite laboratory, which could take 5-10 days to receive results.
- We encourage you to enroll in the MedStar Health Patient Portal, so you have access to your results as soon as they become available. For patient portal support, please call 877-745-5656.
If you are experiencing an illness or injury that is not life-threatening, or if you need a flu shot or a physical, MedStar Health Urgent Care is here for you at community-based locations. We are open weekends, evenings and holidays — and walk-ins are always welcome. Just walk in or save your spot in line with online check-in.
"Your receptionist is so wonderful. She's kind, helpful, and nice to talk to. Your nurses and assistants are also just as great. They make you feel welcome and safe when I might be a bit worried."
We are more than a walk-in clinic. Our team of providers diagnoses and treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. We have X-ray services and laboratory testing available on-site for common illnesses (strep, mono, influenza, urinary infection, and pregnancy). If your condition needs further testing such as blood tests or cultures, we will have most results in 48-72 hours. Some advanced testing for serious illnesses may require a referral to a nearby hospital’s emergency department.
Our urgent care center is located on Georgia Avenue, just one mile from the Wheaton Metro Station and less than 20 minutes from Silver Spring, Bethesda and Rockville. We offer free, easy parking right outside the door, and Spanish-speaking staff are available.
Our providers offer convenient, coordinated care from a name you can trust, in Montgomery County. Stop by to see us or use online check-in to reserve your spot in line or call 301-942-4505 (no appointment needed)!
We're Proud To Offer These Services:
- Illness care for flu, allergies, bronchitis, infections, pneumonia, strep throat, pink eye, sinus infections, cold symptoms, urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and more
- Injury care for broken bones, stitches, concussion evaluations, sprains, lacerations/cuts, minor burns, and more
- Sports physicals
- Pre-surgery physicals
- STD testing
- Flu shots (seasonal availability, check with insurance provider for coverage). If 65 years of age or older, please contact your primary care physician for the higher dose vaccine.
- X-ray and basic on-site laboratory (strep, mono, influenza, urine testing, pregnancy)
Did you know? Primary care is available nearby in Silver Spring. Click here to find a primary care provider.
MedStar Health Urgent Care participates with most major health insurance plans. The following list should be used only as a guide and is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health benefits plan includes receiving in‐network services from MedStar Health Urgent Care, please call your insurance company.
Don’t have health insurance? Here is some information to help you know what the expected costs and procedures are when you’re paying out of pocket without insurance. Click here to learn about Self pay services.
Accredited by the National Urgent Care Center!
The National Urgent Care Center, a leading expert in urgent care, has recognized our center for our commitment to providing high-quality urgent care.