Save Time and Check in Online
If you are experiencing an illness or injury that is not life-threatening, or if you need a flu shot or a physical, MedStar PromptCare is here for you at community-based locations. We are open weekends, evenings and holidays — and walk-ins are always welcome. Just walk in or save your spot in line with online check-in.
We are more than a walk-in clinic. Our team of providers diagnoses and treats non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. We have X-ray services and laboratory testing available on-site for common illnesses (strep, mono, influenza, urinary infection, and pregnancy). If your condition needs further testing such as blood tests or cultures, we will have most results in 48-72 hours. Some advanced testing for serious illnesses may require a referral to a nearby hospital’s emergency department.
Our urgent care center is located on Georgia Avenue, just one mile from the Wheaton Metro Station and less than 20 minutes from Silver Spring, Bethesda and Rockville. We offer free, easy parking right outside the door, and Spanish-speaking staff are available.
At MedStar PromptCare at Wheaton, our providers offer convenient, coordinated care from a name you can trust, in Montgomery County. Stop by to see us or use online check-in to reserve your spot in line.
Visit Us Today
Address: 11915 Georgia Avenue, Wheaton, MD 20902
Phone Number: 855-546-1964 (no appointment needed!)
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Everyday.
We're Proud To Offer These Services:
- Illness care (flu, allergies, bronchitis, infections, pneumonia, strep throat, pink eye, sinus infection treatment, cold symptom treatment, UTI treatment (urinary tract infection), yeast infection treatment, and more)
- Injury care (stitches, concussion evaluations, sprains, lacerations, broken bones, minor burn treatment and more)
- Sports physicals
- Pre-surgery physicals
- STD testing
- Flu shots
- Vaccinations for international travel
- X-ray and basic on-site laboratory (strep, mono, influenza, urine testing, pregnancy)
- StarPass medical discount program
Did you know? Primary care is available nearby in Silver Spring. Click here to find a primary care provider.
MedStar PromptCare participates with most major health insurance plans, including the following. The list below should be used only as a guide and is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health benefits plan includes receiving in‐network services from MedStar PromptCare, please call your insurance company.
Accredited by the National Urgent Care Center!
The National Urgent Care Center, a leading expert in urgent care, has recognized our center for our commitment to providing high-quality urgent care.
We've provided these helpful resources for you to explore at your convenience.
- When to use urgent care at MedStar PromptCare
- 14 MedStar PromptCare Locations - Check In Online
- Find a primary care doctor's office near you.
- MedStar Health hospital emergency rooms