FAQs about MedStar [email protected] Program through Care.com
Is there a cost to use the Care.com benefit?
- There is no cost to find care providers on the self-service site. Once you hire them, the cost of care should be discussed with your caregiver.
- If you decide to use the backup care benefit, you will be charged a subsidized rate of $8.00/hour for in-home care and $15 per child per day at a child care center.
Is there a limit to the number of times I can use the Care.com benefit?
- There is no limit to the number of times you can use the self-service website.
- Each employee is allotted 10 days of backup care.
When can I use backup care?
- School holiday or daycare is closed
- Your child is a little bit under the weather
- You have to work late or on the weekends
- Your nanny goes on vacation
- Mom and dad need a ride to doctors’ appointments
- You or your spouse is recovering from surgery
- You have a gap in your regular adult or senior care