Director of Scholarly Activity
Director, Family Medicine Maternal-Child Health Curriculum
After completing residency in northern Pennsylvania and a
subsequent Faculty Development Fellowship at Lancaster's Family
Medicine Residency Program, Dr. Weiner returned home to Baltimore
and joined the faculty at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
in September of 2004. He loves teaching residents, and seeing
patients, across the spectrum of clinical arenas in Family
Medicine, from the office to newborn Nursery, adult inpatient
care, and Labor and Delivery. Dr. Weiner also has a strong
interest in evidence-based medicine and informatics, and he is
responsible for our program's Scholarly Activity (Research and
Journal Club) curricula along with Dr. Sallie Rixey. He also
oversees our residents' Surgery and surgical subspecialty
rotations. Dr. Weiner's most recent and ongoing project has been
as our faculty point person for our program's Facebook page as
well as our web page. Outside of work, he enjoys travel and
spending time with his wife and three children.
Undergraduate: University of Maryland
Medical School: University of Maryland
Residency: Williamsport Hospital & Medical
Fellowship: Faculty Development, Lancaster
- Weiner, J. Introduction to the Well Adult Exam, MedStar
Franklin Square Family Medicine Residency, June 2012 and June
- ALSO (Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics) Approved
Instructor Status, 2004-present
- Taught at Lancaster (PA) General Hospital's ALSO courses
2012, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2005, 2004
- Weiner, J. "Routine" Lab Testing at the Yearly Physical:
Examining the Evidence. Invited presentation to University of
Maryland Family Medicine Residency Program, 2008.
- Weiner, J. MedStar Franklin Square Family Medicine Grand
Rounds: "Routine" Lab Testing at the Yearly Physical: Examining
the Evidence, 2007.
- Participant in local television Channel 2's "Call to Health"
event, October, 2007.
- Weiner J. MedStar Franklin Square Family Medicine Grand
Rounds: Atrial Fibrillation, 2006 and 2005.
- Amnioinfusion for Meconium-Stained Amniotic Fluid, Lancaster
General Hospital Family Practice Residency Program, 2004.
- COPD, Lancaster General Hospital Family Practice Residency
- Atrial Fibrillation, Lancaster General Hospital Family
Practice Residency Program, 2004.
- Headache, Lancaster General Hospital Family Practice
Residency Program, 2004.
- Amnioinfusion for Intrapartum Umbilical Cord Compression,
Lancaster General Hospital Family Practice Residency Program,
- American Academy of Family Physicians, 1994-present
- Maryland Academy of Family Physicians, 2004-present
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine, 2004-present
- Clinical Instructor for Second-Year Physical Diagnosis
Course, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- MedStar Franklin Square Infection Control Committee,
- MedStar Franklin Square CPR Committee, 2007-present
- Alternative Delegate, MedChi House of Delegates, 2007-present
- MedStar Franklin Square Leadership Institute Coordinating
Council (formerly Developing Leaders Committee), 2005-2009
- Board Member, Lycoming County (Pennsylvania) Medical Society,
- Faculty Teaching Award , Department of Family Medicine,
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, 2007.
- Prenatal and obstetrical care, inpatient medicine,
evidence-based medicine, billing and coding; proficiency in
Spanish, including medical Spanish