Director of Inpatient Training
Joyce E. King, MD, graduated from the University of Michigan
Medical School in Ann Arbor, Michigan. She completed her
residency training in family medicine at MedStar Franklin
Square Medical Center, serving as chief resident. She completed
additional training in colposcopy and cervical pathology as well
as pediatric behavioral medicine to prepare her for faculty
position in the Family Medicine Residency Program.
She is the chairman of the Patient Care Advisory Committee at
MedStar Franklin Square. Dr. King is responsible for all of the
inpatient training for family medicine residents at MedStar
Franklin Square and is clinical instructor for the Physical
Diagnosis course for second year medical students from University
Dr. King has written many articles on psychiatric disorders in
children and adults. She has taught board review courses for
family medicine on the topics of attention deficit disorder in
adolescents and adults, pharmacologic and clinical reviews of
atypical antipsychotics, and the relevance of the primary care
physician in the treatment of psychiatric disorders.
Hometown: Rochester, Michigan
Medical School: University of Michigan
Residency: Family Practice, MedStar Franklin
Square Medical Center
- Webcast: Psychclinician - Johns Hopkins Medicine: Continuing Medical Education: Tackling Partial Response to Depression Treatment. The patient with partial response to antidepressant therapy- What do I do now? December 2013
- Webcast: PsychiatryCareLive.com - Johns Hopkins Medicine: Continuing Medical Education: Case Study: A 45 year old woman with depressed mood and medically unexplained pain symptoms despite treatment. Case conference/panel discussion October 2013
- Expert Practice Series Presentation, Borderline Personality Disorder and Domestic Violence, QuantiaMD.com. Johns Hopkins Medicine: Continuing Medical Education - CME Online Course # 80031353, Managing the Patient with Depressions and Diabetes, A Virtual Education Symposium, January 2013
- Webcast: Managing the Patient with Depression and Diabetes: A Virtual Education Symposium Case Study and Discussion, PsychiatryCareLive.com, February 2013
- King, J. MD: "Domestic Violence and Borderline Personality Disorder" Webcast on QuantiaMD, October 2012
- King, J. MD: Keynote speaker for Symposium “An Interdisciplinary Approach to Chronic Pain Management” Sept, 2012. “Medical Disorders that Complicate Chronic Pain“, 1199SEIU Training and Employment
- Bipolar Characteristics in Treatment of Depression: PsychClinician.com, June 2012
- Webcast - Expert Commentary: Addiction in Patients with Chronic Pain, PainClinician.com, June 2012
- Webcast - Expert Commentary: Chronic Pain and Psychiatric Symptoms, PainClinician.com, June 2012
- The Institute for Continuing Education of the 1199SEIU League Training for United Health Care Workers: The Primary Care Physician Approach to Chronic Pain, September 2012, Manhattan, NY
- The Institute for Continuing Education of the 199SEIU League Training for United Health Care Workers: Depression: A Mental Disorder: Community and Family Issues in Depression, June 3, 2012, Manhattan, NY
- King, J.: The Principles and Practice of Hospital Medicine, Editors- McKean, Ross, Dressler, Brotman, Ginsberg, McGraw Hill, 2011 - Chapter 230; The Difficult Patient, pp. 1921-1930
- King, J.: MedStar Franklin Square Family Medicine Grand Rounds, July 2011, "Ethical Questions: Which Are, Which Are Not, and Why?"
- Maryland Academy of Family Physicians Scientific Assembly, June 2011, "Ethical Questions: Which Are, Which Are Not, and Why?"
- King, J.: MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center Social Work Department Grand Rounds 2011, "Clinical Cases and Ethical Dilemmas in Social Work".
- King, J.: Lecture: AAFP Scientific Assembly September 2011, Primary Care Management of Depression.
- Neuroscience Lecture Series: The Role of Primary Care in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Affective Disease, Johns Hopkins Hospital CME, June 2010.
- Video commentary on Cardiovascular Disease in Women, Cardiovascularclinician.com, May 2011
- King JE. Faculty, Educational Alliance for Consensus on Treatment Resistant Depression, 2009-present.
- Baltimore Magazine’s Best Docs, Category: Family Medicine, 2013
- MedStar Franklin Square Hospital Patient Care Advisory Committee, Chairman and On Call Schedule for Hospital Ethics Consultations, 1994-present.
- Active Member, Society of Teachers Of Family Medicine, 1992- present
- Medical and Chirurgical Society of Maryland: Lecturer/Clinical Instructor for the Mammacare Technique of Clinical Breast Examination. Performed at sites over the state of Maryland, 1997-present.
- Active Member of the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, 1995-present.
- Clinical Instructor for Second Year Physical Diagnosis Course: University of Maryland Medical School.