Medical Director, HCH-BC
Dr. Smith is a graduate of Stony Brook School of Medicine and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency. As a resident she developed an interest caring for underserved populations and health reform to improve access to care. She was actively involved in the Texas Academy of Family Physicians as well as the American Academy of Family Physicians and served as Resident Member on the AAFP Board of Directors in her third year of residency.
After working in Urgent Care for two years, she completed a Masters in Public Health, concentrating on social determinants of health, health of underserved populations and health policy. Following her MPH she completed a fellowship in Community Health Leadership at Georgetown University and worked as a primary care provider at Unity Health Care, a Federally Qualified Health Center in Washington, DC.
She is currently the Medical Director of Health Care for the Homeless, Baltimore County, a clinic which serves people experiencing homelessness in the county and is located across the street from the Family Health Center.
Undergraduate: University of Texas at Austin
Graduate: University of Texas at Austin, Kinesiology; Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Master of Public Health
Medical School: Stony Brook Medical School
Residency: CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System
Fellowship: Community Health Leadership, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- Smith, T. (Moderator) “Community Programs Addressing Health Disparities in Baltimore”. Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Baltimore, Maryland. 2011.
- Smith, T. “How to Choose a Residency Program”. 2008 Texas Academy of Family Physicians Resident and Student Annual Conference, Austin, Texas
- Smith, T. “Leadership: How to Get Involved”. 2008 Texas Academy of Family Physicians Interim Session. Austin, Texas.
- Smith, T. “Place Matters: How where you live affects your health”. CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Public Health Grand Rounds. San Antonio, Texas. May 2008.
- Tobolic, T, Smith, T. “Fitness for Your Office and Community”. 2007 National Conference for Family Medicine Residents and Students. Kansas City, Missouri.
- Smith, T. “Physicians as leaders, involvement in policy and advocacy”. CHISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency noon education conference. San Antonio, Texas. 2008.
- Smith, T. “Health and Homelessness, the Role of the Family Doctor”. CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine noon education conference. San Antonio, Texas. 2007.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, Georgetown University, 2013 – Present
- American Academy of Family Physicians, Board of Directors, Resident Member 2007-2008
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians, Resident Delegate to Board of Delegates 2007
- San Antonio Metro Health District Advisory Board of Health, Board Member 2009-2010