The Department of Medicine offers inpatient medicine and medicine subspecialty clerkships to senior medical students who have completed core medicine clerkships. Clerkships are usually four to eight weeks in duration.
Students will have the opportunity to participate as part of a team, and attend rounds and educational conferences. Students will have access to library facilities and other learning resources during their clerkship. We offer free parking and on-call meals.
Medical students seeking a rotation must complete an Elective/Clerkship Request Form 60 to 90 days in advance of the requested rotation. The following documents must be provided:
- A signed agreement between MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center and the medical school
- Goals and objectives for the rotation (provided by the medical school)
- Authorized form signed by the Department Chairman or designee
- Evaluation of clinical ability during rotation (forms supplied by the supporting medical school)
- Dean's letter of approval
- Proof of recent physical examination (within one year)
- Proof of up-to-date immunizations
- Malpractice coverage provided by the supporting medical school
- Proof of blood borne pathogens and TB education program
- Confidentiality agreement (provided by the medical school or hospital)
View our Student Training Agreement
For more information about elective clerkships at MedStar Franklin Square, e-mail Alicia.K.Seidl@medstar.net