MedStar Health invites referring physicians and specialists to entrust your patient’s care to our experienced radiation oncology team. Our radiation oncology centers offer the latest radiation therapy technologies and experienced staff to provide your patients and their families with a caring and compassionate healing experience.
We are dedicated to putting our patients first and treating each patient individually and holistically. In addition, our doctors are committed to continuity of care and keeping our referring physicians informed and involved throughout the treatment and follow-up process.
To refer a patient for radiation therapy, click here to view our locations.
Our organization has achieved accreditation awards from all three of the accrediting bodies that currently evaluate ambulatory care organizations in the nation, they are:
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)
These awards signify our commitment and dedication to provide the highest quality of care and services to our patients. We voluntarily undergo extensive on-site surveys of all our facilities, equipment and services. The survey teams are composed of physicians, para-medical professionals and/or health care administrators. The surveyors evaluate our organization against national standards and the survey findings have resulted in favorable decisions from all three accrediting bodies. These extensive surveys occur every three years by each of the accrediting bodies and our patients are the ultimate benefactors as we continue to pursue the highest level of quality performance possible.
Our organization strives to provide high quality of care and services to our patients. If you have any concerns regarding patient safety and quality of care you may contact the Joint Commission without any retaliatory action from the organization.
Clinical Care Advantages
- We are the only freestanding radiation oncology provider in the nation to have triple accreditation from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, American College of Radiology, and the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
- MedStar Health Radiation Oncology Centers typically rank in the top ten percent nationally for patient satisfaction.
- Highly trained, experienced and dedicated staff.
- Physician calls returned within one business day.
- Prompt, professional and friendly service to physicians and patients.
- Patients can be seen same day of consultation, if necessary.
- Most patients begin the treatment planning process within 3-5 days of referring physician consultation.
- Patients see their radiation oncology physician weekly; their oncology nurse and therapist daily.