Outpatient Treatment Options
There are several options for the treatment of COVID-19 for patients at high risk for severe disease. MedStar Health is proud to offer all currently available treatments for COVID-19 infection. Treatments must be started within 5-7 days of the start of COVID-19 symptoms.
To better understand the available treatments and which treatments are appropriate for you, we encourage you to seek guidance from a healthcare provider:
- If you have a MedStar Health Primary Care Provider, contact your provider and notify them that you have symptoms of possible COVID-19 (or a positive COVID-19 test if applicable)
- If you do not have a MedStar Health Primary Care Provider but would like to see one for an evaluation of your COVID-19 symptoms, click here to find a provider.
- MedStar Health Urgent Care locations also offer COVID-19 testing and evaluation for available treatments. Click here to find Urgent Care center near you.
MedStar Health is working with local and federal health officials to provide the most current treatments for patients diagnosed with COVID-19 who are at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19 disease. More information on COVID-19 therapeutics, as well as the Federal COVID-19 Therapeutics Locator may be found at the links below:
- CDC therapeutics information page
- COVID.gov (patient-facing information on COVID-19) - Pharmacy and Test-to-Treat Locator