Continuing a tradition of caring for the community in all stages of life
Since their founding, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital and MedStar Montgomery Medical Center have been dedicated to caring for its community, particularly its senior population. In 2016, MedStar Good Samaritan opened the Center for Successful Aging, an outpatient practice to care for older adults with complex medical and social concerns. Using the Baltimore site as a model of care, MedStar Montgomery recently opened their outpatient site. Both Center for Successful Aging locations provide the latest in geriatric care and resources for patients and their loved ones through:
- Comprehensive cognitive, functional, and medical assessments
- Diagnosis and treatment of complex medical conditions
- Medication management
- Connection to social and medical resources to help maintain your comfort at home
- Support for emotional and social health needs, as well as practical assistance
- Navigation and guidance assistance within the largest health system in the region
- Caregiver support
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Impaired vision or hearing
- Medication management
- Urinary incontinence
- Nurse practitioners
- Physical therapists
- Social workers
- Other healthcare professionals
Your Care Plan will also consider the needs of you and your loved ones to ensure everyone involved has support.
Continuing a tradition of care
If you’re the caregiver or primary care provider of an older adult, we’re here to support you, too. Successful aging takes teamwork, and together, we can help older adults age with dignity at home.
For patients and caregivers
As a caregiver for an older adult patient, your needs matter, too. At our Center for Successful Aging, our team is here to provide you with information and resources, connection to support and encouragement as you help your elderly family members age safely at home.
If you're a primary care provider who cares for patients with geriatric syndromes, you can request a consult from our team. We will develop a comprehensive treatment plan that is tailored to your patients' specific needs, and we will share this plan with you. It's a plan that considers:
- What matters to your patient
- Mental capability
- Safe mobility
- Requiring face masks for everyone
- Frequently disinfecting and cleaning public spaces and rooms
- Staggering appointments to minimize traffic in the office
Visit us today
We accept Medicare and Medicaid, along with a wide variety of health plans. Please call your insurance provider to verify coverage.