Dr. Nayan Shah has been practicing Gastroenterology since 1984 in Southern Maryland with Shah Associates after completing his residency and post-graduate training at Mercy Catholic Medical Center in Darby, Pennsylvania. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Nayan is very active in many national and international charitable organizations. According to Dr. Shah the most rewarding part of practicing medicine is the early detection of potentially serious problems such as colorectal cancer and following the patient through to a positive outcome. Dr. Shah is a family man with two sons. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons, taking photographs and playing tennis.
- Residency Program: Mercy Catholic Medical Center (1983)
- Residency Program: Mercy Catholic Medical Center (1982)
- Internship Program: J.J. Group of Hospitals (1979)
- Medical School: Grant Medical College (1978)
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- MedStar St. Marys Hospital