Please be sure your browser is set for your specific language.
Suspect Sepsis? Say Sepsis.
Have you ever heard of blood poisoning? Well, that is what some call Sepsis, a life-threatening condition that can happen when infection spreads through your whole body. The infection could be from bacteria or a virus. If sepsis is not treated early, it can damage your organs, and can kill you.
Signs and Symptoms of Sepsis
- Fever greater than 101 degrees and/or shaking chills
- Very low temperature (less than 96.8F)
- Confusion, sleepiness and/or less alert
- Upset Stomach, vomiting, diarrhea and unable to keep down food and fluids for more than 12 hours
- Fast heart beat without activity
- Hard to breathe, breathing very fast or very slow
What can be done?
If you or a member of your family has any of these symptoms, go to the Emergency Department immediately!
Don’t be afraid to say: “Could this be SEPSIS?” The sooner you or a family member gets treatment the better.