Manisha Patel, MD, board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, joined the division of Neonatology in the Pediatric Department at MedStar Franklin Square in 2015.
Dr. Patel received her medical degree from the St. George's University School of Medicine and then returned back home to Maryland to complete her pediatric residency at the University of Maryland. She recently completed her fellowship in neonatal-perinatal medicine at the University of Virginia.
Throughout her fellowship, her primary research interest was immature breathing patterns of premature infants, with a focus on periodic breathing. She also has a special interest in predictive monitoring for neonatal sepsis and published a review on the role of monoclonal antibodies in prevention of infection.
Dr. Patel is excited to be joining the NICU team at MedStar Franklin Square and is interested in quality improvement initiatives to help improve outcomes for premature infants.
In the News
Manisha Patel, MD, frequently shares her expertise with the media, including:
Torrey Smith's blog post about unborn child raises awareness for Trisomy 18
- Fellowship Program: University of Virginia School of Medicine (2015)
- Residency Program: University of Maryland Medical Center (2012)
- Medical School: St. George's University School of Medicine (2009)
- Board Certification: American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center